I’d like to thank Journeymaid, Corvidae, Iolair, and Candlesmoke for nominating me for a Versitile Bloggers award! Many thanks you guys, it’s much appreciated! So it looks like I’m supposed to list 7 things about me you didn’t know, and then nominate 15 other bloggers. However since 15 seems like an awfully lot, I’m going to do 3. So here are the 7 things about me you may not have known:
1) I have a fear of clowns. When I was a kid at the circus the clowns would come into the audience to select kids to come down and ride in their clown car. They chose me and I refused to go because I thought that’s how the replenished their ranks and that you then had to go live with them forever and become a clown. Been terrified of them ever since. Besides clowns are just evil.
2) When I graduated college I started the first semester of a masters program in environmental ecology. I freaking LOVED it. Then I got accepted into a PhD program in Microbiology and Immunology and I quit the ecology program to go pursue that because it was higher degree and “made more career sense”. I’ve regretted the decision ever since. I would of been so much happier as an ecologist. Learn from my mistake youngin’s. Do what your heart loves at all costs. The long term cost is far greater not to.
3) I hold 3 patents for potential medical therapies, one for cancer, one for M.S., and one for transplant. The MS one is currently in human clinical trials.
4) I’m married and have 3 kids. A two year old son and two 8 month old twin daughters.
5) I used to have 2 sugar gliders, Scout and Strawberry. They were the best pets I ever had, and ever since they died I cannot connect to any other kind of animal for a pet. It’s like they ruined all other pets for me with their awesomeness. I’ll probably never get another, and I miss them both terribly.
Growing up my hero was Grandpa Munster. I so wanted to be like him, with his potions and magic spells. He was like my idol.
I hate team sports. They bore to to tears. I can tolerate football if I have to, but I’d rather tear my eyes out than ever be forced to watch baseball. I find it annoying when people start talking about sports to me as if automatically assuming that just because I’m guy I therefore MUST like sports. I prefer activities such as fencing, Aikido, and rock climbing. Of course now that I have kids I do none of those. I’m hoping that when my son gets old enough (and eventually the girls too!) we I can start him with Aikido, so we can do it together.
Now as for my three blogs I’ll nominate are:
3) 4 of Wands